APIAVote Internship Program
The Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is a national nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes civic participation of Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) in the electoral and public policy processes at the national, state and local levels. APIAVote envisions a society in which all AAPIs fully participate in and have access to the democratic process.
The APIAVote Internship Program strives to encourage and cultivate young AAPI student leaders to explore a career in the public sector or the political arena. This internship program will also provide hands on experience and training on how to organize and implement voter activities to increase the participation of AAPIs in the electoral process. For the fall of 2015 and the winter of 2016, we are offering unpaid, remote internships.
The internship program is tailored per organizational needs and intern skills. Interns may work on any of the following areas: Communications/Technology (new media and traditional), Graphic Design, Field (working with APIAVote partners to mobilize for elections), Research and Policy (research and advocate for policy recommendations), Training (Norman Y. Mineta Leadership Training Institute), or Youth (engaging and organizing our youth coalitions).
In addition, applicants selected for these internships will collectively work on the implementation of APIAVote’s Young Voters campaign. This will include identifying, recruiting, and training student organizers to implement voter engagement activities and developing campaign materials for 2016. General Internship: This internship is opened to any student looking to support APIAVote’s various programs.
Requirements for all Internship Applicants:
- College or graduate student
- Leadership abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Dedicated to promoting civic participation of AAPIs in the electoral and public policy processes
Applications must include:
- Application form
- Resume including Education, Work Experience, Political Experience, Extracurricular Activities, Awards/Honors
- Copy of most current academic transcript
- One page typed essay on your interest in the internship program and describe “What does civic engagement mean to you and how do we increase it among AAPI young voters?”
- Two letters of references
Deadline: rolling application deadline