APIAVote Internship Program
Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is a national nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes civic participation of Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) in the electoral and public policy processes at the national, state and local levels. APIAVote envisions a society in which all AAPIs fully participate in and have access to the democratic process.
The APIAVote Internship Program strives to encourage and cultivate young AAPI student leaders to explore a career in the public sector or the political arena. This internship program will also provide hands on experience and training on how to organize and implement voter activities to increase the participation of AAPIs in the electoral process.
For the summer of 2016, we are offering both paid and unpaid internships based in Washington, D.C. If you are interested in remote, unpaid internships throughout the year, please apply as well.
The internship program is tailored per organizational needs and intern skills. Interns may work on any of the following areas:
- Communications/Technology (new media and traditional),
- Graphic Design,
- Field (working with APIAVote partners to mobilize for elections),
- Research and Policy (research and advocate for policy recommendations),
- Training (Norman Y. Mineta Leadership Training Institute), or
- Youth (engaging and organizing our youth coalitions).
In addition, applicants selected for these internships will collectively work on the implementation of APIAVote’s YouthVote campaign. This will include identifying, recruiting, and training student organizers to implement voter engagement activities and developing campaign materials for 2016.
Paid internships recieve a stipend of $2,500.
Requirements for all Internship Applicants:
- College or graduate student
- Leadership abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Dedicated to promoting civic participation of AAPIs in the electoral and public policy processes
Applications must include:
- Submission of online application form
- In the online form, submit a 500 word essay on the question: "Why are you interested in the APIAVote internship program and what are tangible steps or ideas you can do to increase AAPI youth civic engagement?"
- Resume including Education, Work Experience, Political Experience, Extracurricular Activities, Awards/Honors
- Copy of most current academic transcript
- Two letters of references
Summer Internship Deadline: March 11, 2016
Rolling Deadline for spring and fall internships.
Send your resume, academic transcript, and references to email@example.com. Submit the rest of the application through the link above.