Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is looking for a Programs Associate and four Field Fellows to support the work of our local community partners. Details below!
APIAVote is a national nonpartisan organization that works with local nonprofit partners to mobilize Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in electoral and civic participation. We currently have local partnerships with Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander organizations in 25 states.
Founded in 1996, APIAVote encourages and promotes civic participation of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans in the electoral and public policy processes at the national, state and local levels. APIAVote envisions a society in which all Asian and Pacific Islander Americans fully participate in and have access to the democratic process.
APIAVote is hiring for a candidate who is an organizer and has experience in implementing programs. This is a full time permanent position with a compensation and benefits package.
LOCATION: For immediate hire in Washington, DC.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 28, 2016 or until filled
SALARY: Entry Level
- Recruit and build a coalition of student organizers and youth organizations to implement APIAVote’s Youth Vote campaign. This nonpartisan voter registration and turnout campaign will focus on increasing engagement and turnout of 18-29 year olds.
- Effectively engage and motivate student networks that APIAVote partners with
- Conduct training for new leaders and volunteers to implement specific campus based program to boost youth engagement
- Provide support to APIAVote’s programs including the Norman Y. Mineta Leadership trainings, fundraising events and other programs
- Assist with the planning and coordination of APIAVote meetings and other programming or events
The APIAVote Fellowship Program aims to create that structure of well trained fellows that may serve as a dedicated staff to take on a leadership role in local communities—essentially bridging the space between our local partners and APIAVote. Fellows will work with local partners to implement their ﬁeld plans and reach their goals for that particular election season, and serve as a direct resource for these local organizations as an extension of APIAVote into their local community.
We are looking for fellows in four states: Virginia, Florida, Nevada, and Ohio!
TIME PERIOD: 6 Months, June to November
STIPEND: $2500 per month
LOCATION: For immediate hire in Virginia, Florida, Nevada, and Ohio
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 25, 2016
- Work under the direction of APIAVote’s National Field Director
- Coordinate efforts with APIAVote and local/state team
- Assist local partner to implement field plan and achieve voter registration, education, voter contact, and turnout goals
- Assist local partner with scheduling voter registration drives, voter education events (town hall meetings, candidate forums, and debate watch parties), and voter contact activities (phone banking and canvassing events) as needed to achieve goals
- Assist local partner with developing and executing volunteer recruitment plan.
- Actively recruit a diverse base of volunteers
- Work with local partners to build and strengthen collaborations with other AAPI organizations
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into Voter Activation Network (VAN) voter file
- Run VAN progress reports as needed Assist local partner with administrative and staffing needs