WHAT: APIAVote and AAPIData will present findings from the newly released 2018 Asian American Voter Survey. Sponsored by Civic Leadership USA, the 2018 Asian American Survey was conducted in partnership with our partners at AARP, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, AFL-CIO (APALA) and Asian Americans Advancing Justice|AAJC.
The survey reveals many insights on the fastest-growing racial group in the United States, including their voting plans for House and Senate races in 2018, and various issue priorities such as education, health care, and the state of the economy. Democrats hold the advantage on voter enthusiasm, the generic ballot vote and on many key issues, but Republicans fare more favorably on national security and draw even on the economy and taxes. In addition to election-related topics, the survey also contains key opinion data on affirmative action, labor protections, and immigration policy, including the administration’s recently announced plans to revoke the legal status of immigrants with green cards who have used government assistance.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 9 at 1pm EST
- Christine Chen, Executive Director, Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote
- Karthick Ramakrishnan, Founder and Director, AAPIData
- Angela Houghton, Senior Research Advisor, Multicultural Research, AARP
- John C. Yang, President & Executive Director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice |AAJC
- Alvina Yeh, Executive Director, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, AFL-CIO (APALA)