Why Participate? We are asking all of our local partners and allies to participate so we can demonstrate to the Presidential campaigns and local parties that the AAPI community is very engaged for the 2016 election cycle and we are ready to go vote. This is also your opportunity to draw local attention to your voter engagement efforts to local press and political parties and campaigns. Lastly but most importantly, this event seeks to educate voters about the Presidential candidates as they address issues that are important to our community.
Date: August 12, 2016
Time: In Las Vegas, 1:00 – 5:00 PM PST is on hold until we negotiate the times with the campaigns. We will aim to televise the main part of the Town Hall with the candidates to start either 2:00 or 2:30 PM PST/5:00 or 5:30 PM EST.
Host a Watch Party: Join us as a participating organization and host a watch party. What you'll need:
- Reserve a community center, library, or conference room from a corporation, law firm, or facility that can be donated. Equipment needed:
- Large TV or screen with a proper sound system
- Ability to hook up a laptop and strong wifi or ideally plug directly into the Ethernet. The Town Hall will most likely be streamed to you by our broadcast partner.
- Two tables that the local Democratic Party and the Republican Party can use to distribute local materials.
- Consider hosting this as a public event so we can direct reporters who are interested in getting local reactions.
- Ethnic Press – Be sure to invite them to cover the event and to get reactions as well.
Translations: Please indicate when you sign up if your community will need any translations for the Town Hall. APIAVote is working with ethnic media to broadcast the Town Hall in-language when possible or appropriate.
Questions? Email to email@example.com
Sign Up Officially: Use the form below to join us as a Participating Organization. This will allow us to update you as it gets closer regarding the timing. In addition, we will seek to get confirmed information about your event so we can publicly list it on our master calendar and to direct media to your event. In the meanwhile, by signing on, you are allowing us to use your organization’s name to update the Presidential campaigns about viewing parties being planned.