APIAVote is a national nonpartisan organization that works with local nonprofit partners to mobilize Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in electoral and civic participation. We currently have local partnerships with Asian American and Pacific Islander organizations in 28 regions and states.
Founded in 1996, APIAVote encourages and promotes civic participation of Asian Pacific Islander Americans in the electoral and public policy processes at the national, state and local levels. APIAVote envisions a society in which all Asian American and Pacific Islanders fully participate in and have access to the democratic process.
- You believe in community building and the value of civic engagement
- You like teamwork, but can work independently day-to-day
- You can plan and manage complex projects under high pressure deadlines
- You are low-ego and high-output
- You can solve practical problems and apply independent judgment;
- You like working hard with a hard working team
Program Associate: The Program Associate is a new role at APIAVote that will play an important role in supporting the growth of the organization and advancing our mission. This individual will be a part of the Operations team, led by the Director of Operations and Development, to support the work of all program verticals. This position is a full-time permanent position with a compensation and benefits package.
LOCATION: Remote (U.S.). Washington, D.C. preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations and Development
SALARY: $40,000 - $48,000 (Commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Read primary responsibilities, requirements, qualifications, and more HERE.
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis and will accept applications until filled.Please upload your resume, two or three writing samples and.or relevant work samples, two references and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the position HERE. APIAVote provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Ambassador applications open now: Looking to build AAPI power on your campus and in your community? Ready to mobilize your peers for the upcoming Midterm elections? APPLY to be part of the 2022 cohort of APIAVote’s Youth Ambassador Program!
This program will engage a cohort of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) student leaders to develop and implement a voter engagement program for their respective campuses and AAPI communities.
APIAVote will support Ambassadors through regular webinars and trainings, online hangouts, one-on-one advising, development of materials, technical assistance, and operational funding.
Applications are due on Friday, January 28 at 11:59 pm PT.
We are looking for undergraduate students or recent graduates who can demonstrate that they seek to gain hands-on experience in grassroots community development within a national organization. The APIAVote Internship Program strives to encourage and cultivate young AAPI student leaders to explore a career in the public sector or the political arena. This internship program will also provide hands-on experience and training on how to organize and implement voter activities to increase the participation of AAPIs in the electoral process.
The ideal candidate will have:
- programming experience (student organizing or conference experience a plus)
- ability to work on a team
- strong writing skills
- administrative experience
- demonstrated interest in empowering the AAPI community
Additional skills (plus, but not required):
- Graphic Design skills (or literacy with the Adobe Suite)
- Experience working with or at a non-profit
- Leadership experience
Intern Duties & Responsibilities (will vary slightly based on intern's strengths):
- Perform assignments from the Executive Director
- Manage or assist with administrative tasks
- Attend events or meetings on behalf of the organization focused on votings rights, election reform & redistricting.
- Event management: create promotional materials and assist in developing programming for our annual Congressional Reception
- Develop and draft internal and external documents and materials to build or retain relationships with donors, volunteers, community members, and other supporters of the organization.
- Curate daily press clips on relevant news and public policy issues for the Communications manager.
- Help develop programming and curriculums for APIAVote's youth initiatives
- Outreach – Increase awareness of APIAVote's goals and the mission it serves to as wide of an audience as possible.
- Organize - Assist in recruiting from one's network to participate in APIAVote's regional training.
For the summer of 2022, we are offering both paid and unpaid internships based in Washington, D.C. If you are interested in remote, unpaid internships throughout the year, please apply as well. Our spring, fall, and winter internships are unpaid – applications are taken on a rolling basis.
Paid summer internships receive a stipend of $2,500. The internship must be held for 10 weeks and expected to be in-person, with the option for virtual.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL INTERNSHIP APPLICANTS:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate.
- Leadership abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Dedicated to promoting civic participation of AAPIs in the electoral and public policy processes
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Submission of online application form
- In the online form, submit a 500-word essay on the question: "Why are you interested in the APIAVote internship program and what are tangible steps or ideas you can do to increase AAPI youth civic engagement?"
- Resume including Education, Work Experience, Political Experience, Extracurricular Activities, Awards/Honors
- Two letters of references
Summer Internship Deadline: Wednesday, Feb 25, 2022 at 11:59pm. [APPLY HERE]
Rolling Deadline for spring internships through March. [APPLY HERE]