Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) will host a press conference with Executive Director Christine Chen to address the record turnout of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) voters in the 2020 election. This year, in presidential battleground states, 911,393 AAPI voters turned out to vote early — 21% more voters than the entire AAPI turnout in those states in 2016.
The press conference will feature remarks from organizers and community leaders in key battleground states -- including Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Texas -- on how they mobilized their communities this election cycle, what issues resonate with AAPI voters, and why turnout increased in their states.
- Christine Chen, Executive Director, APIAVote
- Jennifer Chau, Program Director, Arizona AANHPI for Equity
- Stephanie Cho, Executive Director, Asian American Advancing Justice - Atlanta
- Richard Mui, President, APIAVote-Michigan
- Laura Misumi, Executive Director and Board President, Rising Voices of Asian American Families (Michigan)
- Linda Her, Executive Director, Asian American Organizing Project (Minnesota)
- Kristina Doan, Director of Public Policy, CAPI USA (Minnesota)
- Eric Jeng, Director of Outreach for Asian Community Development Council and Deputy Director for One APIA Nevada
- Chavi Koneru, Executive Director, North Carolina Asian Americans Together
- Thoai Nguyen, CEO, SEAMAAC, Inc. (Pennsylvania)
- Nancy Nguyen, Executive Director, VietLead (Pennsylvania)
- Debbie Chen, Civic Engagement Programs Director, OCA- Greater Houston
- Alice Yi, Chair, Austin Asian Community Civic Coalition
- Chanda Parbhoo, Founder, SAAVE Texas Education Fund
- Ntxhais Chai Moua, Community Power Coalition Director, Freedom, Inc. (Wisconsin)
The event will be on Wednesday, November 18 at 12 PM ET.
CLICK HERE to view the media advisory.
RSVP at https://apia.vote/
Washington, DC 20006