Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote) is a national nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes civic participation of Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) in the electoral and public policy processes at the national, state and local levels. APIAVote envisions a society in which all AAPIs fully participate in and have access to the democratic process.
- programming experience (student organizing or conference experience a plus)
- ability to work on a team
- strong writing skills
- administrative experience
- demonstrated interest in empowering the AAPI community
Additional skills (plus, but not required):
- Graphic Design skills (or literacy with the Adobe Suite)
- Experience working with or at a non-profit
- Leadership experience
- Perform assignments from the Executive Director
- Manage or assist with administrative tasks
- Attend events or meetings on behalf of the organization focused on votings rights, election reform & redistricting.
- Event management: create promotional materials and assist in developing programming for our annual Congressional Reception
- Develop and draft internal and external documents and materials to build or retain relationships with donors, volunteers, community members, and other supporters of the organization.
- Curate daily press clips on relevant news and public policy issues for the Communications manager.
- Help develop programming and curriculums for APIAVote's youth initiatives
- Outreach – Increase awareness of APIAVote's goals and the mission it serves to as wide of an audience as possible.
- Organize - Assist in recruiting from one's network to participate in APIAVote's regional trainings
Summer Internship Deadline: March 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
Rolling Deadline for winter, spring, and fall unpaid internships.
Currently enrolled undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate.
Oral and written communication skills
Dedicated to promoting civic participation of AAPIs in the electoral and public policy processes
Submission of online application form
In the online form, submit a 500-word essay on the question: "Why are you interested in the APIAVote internship program and what are tangible steps or ideas you can do to increase AAPI youth civic engagement?"
Resume including Education, Work Experience, Political Experience, Extracurricular Activities, Awards/Honors
Two letters of references
Rolling Deadline for spring and fall unpaid internships.